Headquartered in Dayton, Ohio, Lighthouse Technologies is a leading provider of full lifecycle software quality management and software engineering services. We provide software testing, software quality assurance, Oracle ERP, IV&V, and software engineering services for commercial and government organizations throughout the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
As a professional service company, we focus on hiring smart, experienced consultants with a variety of expertise managing large-scale software systems and software development projects. We are currently seeking energetic, highly motivated entry-level Software Testers to join our team in Dayton, Ohio.
As a Software Tester with Lighthouse Technologies you will be responsible for executing written test cases to determine validity and functionality of applications, and documenting the results of each test case step. You will be responsible for documenting any defects in the defect management system, and participating in testing review meetings.
This position is an entry-level opportunity with training provided and potential advancement. The key to success for this role is the ability to execute given test cases, documenting all steps and results, and providing continuous communication to the Test Lead.
- ISTQB Software Testing Certification required, or 1-2 years of recent software testing experience
- Basic knowledge of Software Testing fundamentals and terminology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of multiple Internet browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Google Chrome
- Familiarity with mobile devices is a big plus
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Well-organized and able to prioritize
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammar and spelling skills
- Team Player with the ability to make decisions
- Honest , Highly accountable, Exceptional Work Ethic
- Inquisitive, Willing to learn and ability to learn quickly
- Self-confident, Persistent and Flexible
- Experience in the IT Industry a big plus
For more information please visit: http://lighthousetechnologies.com/bis-1500/
Lighthouse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Lighthouse is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status